Create this beautiful box to hold your 3″ x 3″ notecards.
- Scor-Pal™ (or paper cutter with scoring blade)
- One 7 1/2″ square piece of cardstock (for base of box)
- One 5 3/4″ square piece of cardstock (for box top)
- One 5 1/4″ square piece of patterned paper A
- One 1 3/4″ x 12″ strip of patterned paper B
- One 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ strip of patterned paper B
- Corner Rounder punch
- Bone Folder
- Sticky Strip™
- Stamps, Ink, Ribbon (or other embellishments) to decorate box
Score 7 1/2″ square cardstock at 2″ on all four sides.
Score 5 3/4″ square cardstock at 1″ on all four sides
Score 5 1/4″ piece of patterned paper at 3/4″ on all four sides
Prefold all scores with Bone Folder.
Using scissors, make vertical cuts (following the scored line) on all four sides to create a flap in each corner of the 7 1/2″ square cardstock piece.
Repeat this step on the 5 3/4″ square piece of cardstock and the 5 1/4″ piece of patterned paper
Add Sticky Strip™ to each corner flap on the 7 1/2″ square cardstock and fold into a box.
Adhere 1 3/4″ x 12″ strip of patterned paper around box so that both ends start and end on same side.
Adhere 1 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ strip of patterned paper to the side with the gap.
Using scissors, cut each flap of the 5 3/4″ cardstock in half at an angle.
Create a scalloped edge around the 5 3/4″ piece of cardstock using the Corner Rounder punch. Click here to find a tutorial on scalloping edges with the corner rounder punch.
Add Sticky Strip™ to each corner flap of the 5 3/4″ cardstock and fold to create box lid.
Adhere the 5 1/4″ square piece of patterned paper to the box lid.
Stamp and embellish your box as desired.
Your finished box is perfect to hold a set of coordinating 3 x 3 Mini Note Cards and envelopes!