Today I wanted to use my new Thoughts & Prayers set and thought I would share a card that really showcases the beauty of Stampin’ Up!’s designer paper (DP) collections. Stampin’ Up! has such a selection of DPs with many patterns that are what I consider to be “stand alone” – i.e. they can make beautiful cards and projects in and of themselves. I incorporating two large pieces of DP from the Walk in the Park collection onto my card front and then adding a few extra elements which complimented the pattern and colors on the DP.
Rather than a North American A2 standard card size of 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, this time I chose to do a square 6″ x 6″ card which is now become a more popular size. Below I have included directions on how I made my card:
- Cut a 12″ x 6″ piece of Old Olive CS. Score at 6″ and then fold in half using a bone folder. Set aside.
- Cut a 5-3/4″ x 2-7/8″ piece of Walk in the Park DP (green and pink) and adhere to your base card.
- Ink the floral/foliage stamp set with kiwi kiss ink and stamp the image on whisper white.
- Ink the sentiment “Sharing in your Sorrow” with kiwi kiss ink and stamp image below the floral/foliage image.
- Using your large oval nestabilities, cut the stamped image. Using your large oval scallop, cut scallops in Old Olive CS.
- Clean your floral/foliage stamp, and then re-ink it with Regal Rose ink and stamp the image on scrap whisper white cardstock.
- Cut the flowers out and adhered them over the kiwi kiss flowers.
- Attach two butterfly punches. You’re done!
The image is so bright, clean and fresh, and it gives it a nice airy feeling without the sympathy look.
SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers
Paper: Whisper White CS, Old Olive CS, Walk in the Park DP, Regal Rose CS
Ink: Black, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories: Large Oval and Scallop Nestabilities, Marvy Uchida Butterfly Punch
Technique: Cut Outs
Card Size: 6 x 6
Thanks for stopping by ~ Liz