With only a few months left to go of the current Stampin’ Up! Catalogue, I find myself looking around my stamping studio at all the accessories I’ve accumulated over the last 6-12 months and feeling the pressure to use them before they are retired. I, like many of you I’m sure, have a tendency to “hoard” my beautiful accessories – my ribbons, my designer papers, my embellishments….I NEED to own them, so I buy them. Then once I have them, I love to pull them out and admire them, but when it comes to actually USING them, I tend to be pretty frugal *lol* Until the catalogue starts to draw to a close that is, and then suddenly I’m in a panic to use them before they are retired. You’d think I’d have learned by now as this happens to me at the end of every single catalogue. What that means is that over the next few months you’ll probably see me using a LOT of different accessories. Not only that but I will start making extras to add to my collect of cards to sell at the upcoming craft shows.
Today’s card uses the Parisian Breeze Specialty DP collection, the Baja Breeze 5/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, and blue Rhinestones.
Here are the instructions to make this card:
- Cut your whisper white to 5-½″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″. Set base card aside.
- Cut your Parisian Breeze Specialty DP collection (baja breeze poka dots) to 5-1/4″ x 4″. Adhere the DP to the base card.
- Cut the Basic Gray CS as follows: 4″ x 2-1/4″ (vertical strip), 5-1/4″ x 2-5/8″ (horizontal strip). Set aside.
- Cut the Whisper White CS as follows: 2-1/8″ x 4″ (vertical strip), 5-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ (horizontal strip). Run the two pieces of whisper white CS strips into the Cuttlebug “Swiss Dots” folder. Set aside.
- Cut the Baja Breeze CS to 5-1/4″ x 2-1/2″.
- Layer your 4″ x 2-1/8″ whisper white vertical strip onto your 4″ x 2-1/4″ basic gray vertical strip. Layer your 5-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ whisper white horizontal strip onto your 5-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ baja breeze strip aligning at the right side. Now adhere this piece to the 5-1/4″ x 2-5/8″ basic gray horizontal piece.
- Tie your 5/8″ Striped Ribbon around the horizontal strip and then onto your base card. Set aside.
- Take your scrap piece of whisper white and cut a circle. Ink bird with basic gray and stamp on centre of the circle.
- Take your scrap piece of basic gray and cut a scallop circle. Mat your bird image onto the scalloped circle.
- Stamp “Here for You” on a scrap piece of whisper white. Punch it out with the large oval punch. Sponge edge with basic gray. Attach rhinestone to circle, and adhere to your base card.
You are done!
Stamps: Friend 24-7
Ink: Basic Gray
Paper: Whisper White, Parisian Breeze Specialty DP, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
Accessories: Blue Rhinestone, Baja Breeze 5/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Cuttlebug “Swiss Dots”, Large Circle and Scallop Nestabilities, large oval punch