Nothing says spring quite like a colorful butterfly. Using just a few products, you can create a kaleidoscope
of multicolored butterflies suspended in midflight to welcome the season.
- Kiwi Kiss card stock
- Rose Red card stock
- Kiwi Kiss textured card stock
- Rose Red textured card stock
- Raspberry Tart Designer Series paper
Accessories & Tools
- Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin’ Up!
- Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die
- Sticky Strip
- Embroidery hoop (ours is 10″ in diameter)
- Monofilament thread (such as fishing line)
These supplies and instructions are for general guidelines only.
- Punch four evenly spaced holes in wood embroidery hoop using Crop-A-Dile.
- Cut two pieces of monofilament thread, each at least four times the diameter of your hoop. This ensures that you have enough thread to go through the hoop and squarely hang your mobile. For example, we cut 40″ pieces.
- Pull one piece of monofilament thread through each set of holes, so thread crosses in the center of the hoop. Gather ends, and knot them together at the top. This will be what your mobile hangs from.
- Hang your embroidery hoop within easy reach, and shift the hoop on the thread until it is level and centred. You’ll want to leave it hanging while you finish assembly.
- Tie several strands of thread, evenly spaced, to embroidery hoop to hang butterflies from. The number of strands and the length of each strand are entirely up to you. Remember to knot your thread on the outside of the hoop so your finished mobile will have a clean look.
- Cut butterflies from Designer Series paper and card stock (you’ll need two die cuts for each butterfly) using Big Shot and Beautiful Butterfly Bigz die.
- Attach the same number of butterflies to each strand, making sure to put a butterfly at the end of each strand. This will give your mobile a clean finish and help it hang straight.
- Score each butterfly down the middle and bend slightly.
- Adhere Sticky Strip to the centre of one butterfly and press it against the thread, and then press another butterfly against the Sticky Strip (so the butterflies cover the thread and Sticky Strip.)
- Adhere two pieces of Kiwi Kiss textured card stock to the embroidery hoop, covering knots.
- Carefully remove your mobile from its temporary hanging place, and hang it wherever you desire!
*Complimentary of Stampin’ Up!