Yeah … got another card done this weekend. I’m trying to use up all my old stock and sell them off at craft shows.
I wanted to play again with the easel fold because it has such a dramatic look to the card.
- Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
- Papers: Real Red, Whisper White, I Wish DSP, Old Olive
- Accessories: Old Olive Ribbon, Silver Brads, Modern Label Punch, Marker Pens, Aquapainter
- Inks: Bashful Blue, Black
- This is a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 size.
- Cut real red cardstock to 4-1/4 x 11. Score it 5-1/2 and 7-5/8.
- Cut old olive cardstock to 4 x 5-1/4 and layer it to the inside of the basecard.
- Cut whisper white cardstock to 3-3/4 x 5 and layer it to the old olive.
- Stamp the sentiment to a scrap whisper white cardstock. Punch it out with the modern label punch. Layer the modern label punch on real red. Trim around it leaving a layer around it.
- Pop dot the label up to create an anchor.
- Cut 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 real red cardstock.
- Cut 4 x 5-1/4 whisper white cardstock.
- Cut 3-3/4 x 5 I Wish DSP (red) and adhere to the whisper white.
- Cut 2-7/8 x 3-1/2 I Wish DSP (stripes) and adhere to the red DSP.
- Attach two silver brads on the bottom left corner and two silver brads on upper right corner.
- Cut the following cardstocks:
- 2-7/8 x 3-3/4 real red cardstock
- 2-5/8 x 3-1/4 old olive cardstock
- 2-1/2 x 3 whisper white cardstock
- Stamp cardinal on whisper white cs. Color as desired. I used my marker pens and aquapainter to get the watercolor look. Then I sponged around the cardinal with bashful blue.
- Layer whisper white to old olive, then to real red. Attach old olive ribbon around the main image.
- Adhere main image to base card.
You are going to love the easel look. It is really fun to make.
Thanks for looking, and a big hug!